Maintaining An Erection: 15 Tips To Prevent Erectile Dysfunction
Among the things that men are most concerned with is their ability to maintain an erection. Erectile dysfunction, irrespective of the severity can be humiliating. It is something that you would not wish even on your worst enemy. Now, while we cannot always dismiss the possibility of its occurrence – at least not in totality – we can do a few things to prevent it. In any case, prevention is easier than cure.
In this post, we highlight 15 ways of preventing erectile dysfunction.
- If you have not been exercising routinely, you are not living right. This is particularly true if you are almost overweight. Regular exercises ensure proper circulation and shedding off excess weight and cholesterol which in turn promotes improved erectile function.
- Keep your laptop off your lap! The heat from your machine has adverse effects on your sexual health, and this includes your erections.
- Always get a good night sleep devoid of sleep apnea. Seek treatment if you have any sleeping disorders. You should be able to sleep for 7-9 hours every day.
- Avoid fatigue like the plaque. If you are consistently exhausted, your boner is going to suffer.
- Make sure that your plate carries healthy foods at all times. Stay clear of junk food and instead, eat a balanced diet. Most importantly, indulge in sex enhancing foods such as watermelon, bananas, ginger, and dark chocolate among many others.
- Have an effective method of handling stress and anxiety as and when they present themselves. Mental, emotional and psychological instabilities have a direct effect on your erectile function. When you are stressed or depressed, it becomes almost impossible to obtain or maintain an erection. Since stress is practically inevitable, proper handling strategies must be devised and applied accordingly.
- Enhance your relationships. Poor relationships are at times to blame for erectile dysfunction. Look for practical ways of enhancing your relationship with your partner. Keep communication lines open and spend quality time together. When the both of you are happy and content, sex will be fulfilling.
- Engage in activities that build your confidence and self-esteem. A man with low self-esteem and confidence problems has more chances of becoming a poor lover compared to one who is sufficiently confident. Read wide. Go back to school for first or subsequent diplomas. Change your wardrobe. Learn to speak better and more fluently. There are endless things you can do to improve your self-esteem and confidence.
- Don’t miss your general medical checkups. Underlying health conditions are at times said to cause erectile dysfunction. Diagnosis and treatment or management of these diseases helps in prevention of ED. Some of these health conditions include diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
- Engage in Kegel exercises. They are not for women only. Kegel exercises strengthen your PC muscles which goes a long way in improving the quality of your erections. It also gives you increased ejaculatory control and intensified orgasms.
- Quit cigarette smoking as soon as you can. Nothing is impossible in this life. Smoking constricts the blood vessels. This inhibits the flow of blood to the penis resulting in erectile dysfunction.
- During those sexual escapades, always take it nice and slow. Do not be in a rush. Engage in foreplay and other romantic activities before the actual penetration. Be willing to experiment new sex positions and styles and just focus on enjoying yourself.
- Take alcohol in moderation, or quit altogether. Alcohol is a depressant with the potential to rob you of the right sexual moods and desire, which ultimately impacts your ability to obtain an erection.
- Have you ever considered male enhancement? Simple methods/products such as penile creams, pills or patches can help improve your erectile function. Look for products containing herbal ingredients such as ginseng, epimedium, and essential vitamins and minerals.
- If you are insecure about the size of your penis, pursue safe and effective methods of increasing it. Natural exercises and traction devices can help you grow your penis size. Combine this with reliable penis supplements – there are enough of them in the market.
Most Popular Links This Month