Tips To Controlling Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can be as a result of biological or psychological factors. It may also be attributed to hyperactive reflexes, an overly sensitive genital skin or extreme arousal. A guy who does not have sex regularly may also experience this sexual dysfunction. Other elements associated with the occurrence of premature ejaculation include performance anxiety, genetics, guilt, fear, inflammation or infection of the urethra or prostate.
Alcohol and other types of substance abuse are also potential culprits. Upon the occurrence of premature ejaculation and the victim becomes aware of it, the fear of the same accompanied by a mental preoccupation with the problem may make the situation even worse. It results in a vicious cycle. Apart from the medical handling strategies here are tips to help you control premature ejaculation.
- Kegels – these exercises are aimed at strengthening the pelvic muscles. Kegels are said to be one of the leading techniques for preventing the beginning of premature ejaculation. When actively engaged before ejaculation, strong pelvic muscles control the penis and consequently gaining the ability to short-circuit PE. A good number of men have weak pelvic muscles which unfortunately weaken further with age and in turn, increasing the probability of premature ejaculation occurring. Two research studies conducted in the recent past revealed that pelvic muscle exercises are apparently more effective compared to medication when it comes to the control and treatment of premature ejaculation.
- Masturbate before sex – just don’t overdo it. Engaging in masturbation an hour or two before sex and attaining orgasm goes a long way in delaying ejaculation during actual sex. You may want to try it and see if it works for you.
- The squeeze method – The squeeze method was recommended by Masters and Johnson. It entails withdrawing the penis from the vagina (as ejaculation approaches), squeezing the penis head until the need to ejaculate disappears and then resuming intercourse. There is a catch though – you must be willing to endure sexual interruption. Due to its very demanding nature, this technique requires the complete understanding and cooperation of your partner.
- Evaluate your sex styles/positions – many men are unaware of the fact that sex styles has a tremendous influence on their ejaculatory control, and more so when they are struggling with premature ejaculation. In the meantime, forget about being on top. Girl on top, standing missionary, and doggy styles are the most appropriate sex positions when trying to control premature ejaculation.
- Consider attending counseling sessions – while this can be done alone, you may want to involve your partner. Counseling helps in a couple of ways. For starters, it will help you learn how to deal with performance anxiety and any other stress you might be dealing with. At times, premature ejaculation is linked to erectile dysfunction. When a man is concerned about obtaining or retaining an erection, the most possible reaction is to develop a pattern of ejaculating too quickly. Secondly, counseling gives you the opportunity to speak out about a traumatic sexual experience that you suffered during childhood – which could be the reason for your premature ejaculation. Thirdly, counseling sessions are encouraged for couples who have relationship problems since it could be to blame for the premature ejaculation.
Most Popular Links This Month